LBBG 3cy E546E November 27 2003, Westkapelle, the Netherlands. Pictures Pim Wolf.
3cy Lesser Black-backed Gull from the Netherlands, ringed at Maasvlakte, Rotterdam on July 01 2001. Classical 3cy showing typical features for Dutch intergrade / graellsii LBBG:
- The basal half of the bill is yellowish while there is still much dark on the bill, often a complete bill-band;
- The iris is densely speckled, or, as in this individual, clouded;
- The lower tertials show obvious dark centres;
- The greater coverts show dense pale brown barring;
- The primary coverts have a brownish-whitish tip and have a brown-hued grey centre;
- The tips of the outer primaries are relatively small, hardly visible and there is a very small mirror on P10.