LBBG 3cy November 08 2001, Westkapelle, the Netherlands.
This bird clearly shows what may be expected in 3cy (third winter) LBBG:
- Very pale legs and much black on the bill, combined with a pinkish base;
- The old coverts extensively brown bleached;
- New tertials show a grey base with a white tip which is confined to the inner-web. Old tertials are either brownish bleached or show a dark brown-black centre and vermiculation on the upper half;
- One scapular covert (the lower) has a rather brownish centre, not pure grey as in adults;
- Some of the recently moulted rectrices show black isolated spots near the centre (often found in the inner tail-feathers);
- Primaries show very small white tips;
- The mirror on p10 is relatively small in size;
- Primary moult score is high on average. In this individual 50, all primaries have been renewed and are full-grown.