|sub-adult armenicus: September
Primary Moult Scores (PMS) in sub-adult armenicus
On 13 September 2010, Larus armenicus were checked at Maagan Michael, Israel by Amir Ben Dov. Compared to August, there is an increase in the number of gulls now at this place, all together about 450 - 500 birds, with still 90% non-adults.
In the sample of 46 adult birds, 2 individuals were classified 'possibly near-adult':
- P7/P9 (P8-80%, PMS=39, S1-S3 missing, possibly 'near-adult')
- P7/P9 (P8-60%, PMS=38, S1-S3 missing, possibly 'near-adult')
On 20 September 2010, Larus armenicus were checked again at Maagan Michael, Israel by Amir Ben Dov. Now the group consisted of 75 adults and about 200 juveniles, including 5 birds classified 'sub-adult':
- Sub Ad. P6/P9 P7-70%, P8-missing, Black from P4, Mirror P10 Pms; (6x5)+(1x3)+(1x1)+(2x0)=35
- Sub Ad. P7/P0 P8-70%, P9-20%, P10-missing, S1-S6 missing PMS; (7x5)+(1x4)+(3x1)=41
- Sub Ad. P8/P10 P9-missing, S1-S4 missing, Black from P5 PMS; (8x5)+(1x1)+(1x0)=41
- Sub Ad. P6/P10 P7-80% P9-missing, S1-60%, Black from P4, eye-paler PMS; (6x5)+(1x4)+(2x1)+(1x0)=36
- Sub Ad. P7/P9 P8-60%, S1-S4 missing, Black from P5, Mirror P10 PMS; (7x5)+(1x4)+(2x0)=39.
|Larus armenicus sub-adult / 3cy September 20 2010 Maagan Michael, Israel. Picture: Amir Ben Dov. P8 fully grown. |